Within Ladies America July is all about giving back and your Atlanta chapter has partnered with Love Beyond Walls to help four Title I schools here in metro Atlanta.
Love Beyond Walls is an Atlanta based non=profit organization founded by Terence & Cecelia Lester. The mission of the organization is “to raise awareness of societal needs through technology and storytelling, and mobilize people to take part in it.” Their goal is to build one of the largest collaborative non-profit agencies in the world.
May 3 – July 31, 2014 Love Beyond Walls will embark on the #ClosetStrike journey to raise awareness and collect donations to support Title I schools in impoverished Atlanta areas whose students cannot afford proper uniforms or care for the uniforms. To read the full story about the campaign visit the Love Beyond Walls Blog.
Ladies Atlanta is supporting Love Beyond Walls by collecting donations of school uniform items (new or gently used) to add to the organizations uniform closet to help those children in need of clean and properly fitted uniforms. Join us for our July 1st Wednesday’s event (7/2/2014 at 6:30 p.m.) as we network, and socialize for a good cause.
What should you do now?
- Begin purchasing or collecting new or gently used uniform items to bring to the July 2nd event.
- Help us to spread the word about the event and the campaign using hashtags #LadiesAtlanta and #ClosetStrike
- Leave comments below on great places online or in Atlanta to find uniform items to help others who want to donate.
- Register for the event: http://ladiesatlanta.org/event/july2014/
Items to Collect:
- Polo Style Shirts: Yellow, Gold, Green, Red, Navy, White, Black
- Button Down Shirts: White, Yellow, Gold, Blue
- Pants, Shorts (knee length), Skirts, Skorts: Khaki, Navy, or Black
SIZES: Childrens small (6-8), medium (10-12), large (14-16)